This page is for humane societies and rescue groups who wish to partner with The Fix Is In.
Discounted Surgery Fees
Humane societies and rescue groups that are 501(c)3 organizations qualify for discounted surgery fees. Please contact us at 715-256-8555 to for details and to schedule appointments.
Forms for download:
Patient Intake Form – Shelter-Rescue – Blank
Shelter Pet Policies, Effective April 1, 2019
1. If a humane society is paying to have a previously adopted pet neutered, the appointment is to be scheduled by the pet owner (on-line or by phone) who will be required to make the $20 appointment deposit. A paper voucher must accompany the pet owner to the appointment. The voucher will specify what services are being paid for by the humane society. The Fix Is In provides a generic voucher that any humane society may use. It is available for download at https://thefixisin.org/resources/for-shelters-rescues/. The $20 deposit may either be applied to additional services, or will be refunded to the client if additional services are not requested.
2. The Fix Is In will hold surgical time for any humane society wishing to bring pets for surgery. The amount of surgical time held will be arranged individually between the humane society and The Fix Is In. A reminder is sent via email to humane societies 7 days prior to the appointment date. It is the responsibility of the humane society to contact The Fix Is In via email at email@example.com one week (7 days) prior to the clinic date as to whether this surgical time will be needed. If notice is not received one week prior to the clinic date, the held surgical time will be released for public bookings.
3. If a humane society is having a foster parent bring one or more pets to a clinic for surgery, these pets are to be scheduled as humane society appointments (NOT under the foster parent’s name) and counted in the humane society’s total scheduled time.
4. When the humane society confirms they will be using the surgical time, they must provide via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following information about each animal scheduled for surgery: name, dog or cat, gender, breed, color, age, approximate weight.
5. On clinic day, a completed Shelter Intake Form should accompany each surgical patient. Please be sure to use the current form available at https://thefixisin.org/resources/for-shelters-rescues/.
Surgical times per animal (use to calculate how many animals can be accommodated):
Female dog: 20 minutes
Male dog: 10 minutes
Female cat: 10 minutes
Male cat: 8 minutes
Example: 3 male cats (8 x 3 = 24) + 2 female dogs (20 x 2 = 40) + 1 male dog (10 x 1 = 10) = 74 minutes
CVI’s & Snap Tests
Humane societies wishing to have a Certified Veterinary Inspection (CVI) completed for a dog will need to provide the following documents:
- Patient Intake Form (available above)
- If already vaccinated, a copy of rabies certificate and/or proof of distemper combo vaccination
- If more than 6 months of age, proof of heartworm test
The fee for a CVI is $5.00.
A $5.00 service fee will be assessed for each “snap test” (i.e., FeLV/FIV or 4DX) performed on a cat or dog.