This page is for humane societies and rescue groups who partner with The Fix Is In.
Help More Cats!
You receive many calls from people wanting help with outdoor cats or wanting to surrender kittens! We can help!
- Complete this form to refer people with outdoor cats.
- Complete this form to refer people surrendering kittens – we will fix the kitten’s mom and dad for free!
Appointments for Shelter Animals
The Fix Is In will hold 10 cat appointments (5 female, 5 male) for any humane society wishing to bring pets for surgery on a particular date. A reminder is sent via email to humane societies 7 days prior to the appointment date.
Humane society staff must enter the animal information through the Volume Client Portal.
If a humane society is having a foster parent bring one or more pets to a clinic for surgery, these pets are to be scheduled as humane society appointments (NOT under the foster parentâ€™s name).
Humane societies and rescue groups that are 501(c)3 organizations qualify for discounted surgery fees. Please contact us at 715-256-8555 to for details and to schedule appointments.
Shelter Paying for Adopted Pet’s Surgery
If a humane society is paying to have a previously adopted pet neutered, the pet owner will want to schedule the appointment (on-line or by phone) and make the $20 appointment deposit. A paper voucher must accompany the pet owner to the appointment. The voucher will specify what services are being paid for by the humane society. A generic voucher is available here. The $20 deposit will be applied to additional services, or will be refunded to the client if additional services are not requested.
CVI’s & Snap Tests
Humane societies wishing to have a Certified Veterinary Inspection (CVI) completed for a dog will want to do the following:
- Request an appointment for the CVI on a scheduled surgical day by emailing the following information to email@example.com:
- Dog’s name
- If already vaccinated, a copy of rabies certificate and/or proof of distemper combo vaccination
- If more than 6 months of age, proof of heartworm test
- Enter the animal information into the Volume Client Portal
The fee for a CVI is $5.00.
A $5.00 service fee will be assessed for each “snap test” (i.e., FeLV/FIV or 4DX) performed on a cat or dog.
Who Is Using Non-Profit Spay/Neuter Clinics
Access to Veterinary Care: Barriers, Current Practices & Public Policy (December 2018)